Friday, December 24, 2010

One Year Later......Everything Has Changed

Hello, image of my former self. Since you're the only one paying attention here, might as well address you directly. You may know that we started this one year ago, when snowfall bestowed upon us an epiphany of major proportions. Since then it hasn't been a good year, in fact, you could say this has officially been the worst year I ever lived down. There is only one person that can come close to knowing the things that went through my mind. But rather than dwell on that, I've decided to simply let history repeat itself and pictures do the talking, as once again, this December is covered in snow on the very same day. And still: One year later......everything has changed:

It started off small, but I value every snowflake given to me.




By the time of our anniversary though, it was clear that the snow was here to stay:

Remember this one?


It was coincidence that once again led me outside, as I ventured towards the hospital



Bus ride:




My hands had frostbite by this time, so out of focus shots. 



Took the exact same route home, so it felt pointless to recreate more of the same, but I did get to snag a picture of the lake before I took off. Yes, that's a lake.

Went home and treated myself to a nice breakfast.



The next couple of days, I spent sitting inside giggling at all the people trying to rush their life past the forces of nature, as the snow became more intense. Nature finds a way to slow us all down; we should all embrace it, instead of fighting everything we face.



This weather spawned a microwave. Yes, most shots are weird, but I liked them regardless. 
  


Even more intense weather. In a way, snow has become the catalyst for my existence. I'll be sad to see it go




And as of today, Christmas Eve, the snow has dominated our landscape to assert its place in the world. All is chaos outside as people scramble to do society's bidding. It's been 20 years since I've seen this much snow. I'm not going to bore you any longer, so here's one last shot. One last shot.

  

 Goodbye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment