Saturday, January 23, 2010

Storm, ahoy!

Warning: In this snippet I'll be plugging things like crazy (3), like it or not, up to you.


Recently after starting this blog for fun, I began taking up reading whimsical and sometimes informative articles or other blogs. Most of the time they were more of another way to waste time on derivative things, like comics and funny pics. Yes, my brain likes getting numbed down, like any other idiot.Then I came across this link, regarding blogging itself and the first 2 things really applied to me and my adventures as a recent blogger.
Once you start blogging, you begin to pay closer attention to the world around you. You notice the details, live in the present moment, and relish the life lessons, because these become the themes you will write about.


That part really reflected to me. Whether I was now out thinking about occurrences as I experienced them or viewing things, no longer sycophantly, but rather opinionated. It made me think longer and harder on a wide range of things I could share with the world through blog form. And let's face it, there's nothing worse than someone who has an opinion about just anything. Shut your hole and keep it to yourself once in a while, dammit! This was one reason for me not to continue writing despite my, now opened, mindset. The other was that none of the ideas I received from those experiences seemed compelling enough to write as a whole or stand on it's own as a message. Combining multiple of those ideas was also not an option as my mind is very erratic and thus to try and put a consistent line amidst that chaos; now thát would be utter madness!
Anyway, that brewed in my noggin for a while and remained dormant for a while. Also, having to remain busy with social obligations constantly thoroughly shortened my writing. And I like to write everything at once, start what I finish in one take, otherwise I'll just put it off and eventually just cancel the whole thing. Once I start, it's gotta be finished or it's not worth doing basically.

In the wake of those obligations, I happened to stumble on a kinetic spark for my writing 'aspirations'.
Let's not fool anyone here, I write because I have the time to do so, not for some higher resolve. If any, it would just be to share my view on things. And views as a definition are just a relative opinion of a select group that doesn't necessarily require any agreement of other parties. I don't expect you to agree, nor am I here to try and alter any beliefs you might have. Your opinions are just and fine however they may be.
This spark (bit sidetracked now, sorry) was and is Henry Rollins, the great and his many works to spread awareness on any level to any amount of people he can. He made some very good points about his inquiring nature and how to pursue it.



As I can't figure out which of these videos to lure you with, I'll just tell you to watch this and then watch as many other videos as you can/will. This being said, I can also tell you this man has made me realize that although you might not want to hear about my opinion, I should voice it anyway.
That's why I've decided that in the coming weeks I shall try and write about all the things I was pondering about. Maybe even more and more than probably less.
As far as Henry Rollins is concerned, I really urge you to watch not only his spoken word, but pick up his interviews and his show on IFC, where he takes interviews to a whole other level. for instance, check out his interview with Samuel L. Jackson where they don't talk only about his movies, but also about the civil rights movement and that effect on the actor as well as the world. Astonishing!

Anyways, this will be the prologue of a hopefully fruitful endeavor filled with erratic, non-consistent, nonsense spewed from my brain unto this blog. Ideas and thoughts so far spread from each other, you never perceived as possible to dwell in one single entity.
For those of you who do not feel like quite literally wasting your time reading fairly odd, distorted gibberish coming from yours truly: Tune, the F, out, NOW!
All other people not yet completely brain dead from reading this: Hold on tight, we will be going on a bumpy ride!
Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment